Somerset at Deerfield
As a Maintenance Technician, you’ll serve our residents by ensuring the proper maintenance and upkeep of the property. You’ll perform a variety of maintenance tasks to maintain and enhance the value of the community and maximize the living experience of our residents.
- Ensure all service requests are completed properly and in a timely manner, including after-hours requests. Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the maintenance team.
- Execute the turnover of units and make-readies for new residents.
- Assist in the daily clean up of the exterior of the community including grounds, breezeways and all common areas.
- Perform swimming pool maintenance and cleaning and maintain accurate, timely chemical logs, where applicable.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company, property, and maintenance policies, including attending all required training.
- Provide care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the company.
- Keep storage areas, tools, and equipment secure at all times.
- Maintain the required uniform and ensure a professional appearance.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and company safety policies.
- Utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically.
- Other duties as directed and assigned
Who You Are:
- Technically savvy. You know your stuff when it comes to performing general maintenance work including: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general carpentry, major appliances, pool care, painting, landscaping, ice/snow removal, roofs and gutters, etc.
- Customer service driven. You understand that our residents are the lifeblood of our company. You approach residents, prospects, and vendors with a positive, friendly attitude and take pride in completing quality work and providing top-notch service. You take responsibility for and quickly rectify mistakes and respond to complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
- A masterful executor. You get things done. You manage tasks in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces and stakeholders and ensure goals reach or surpass the finish line.
- A supportive team player. You work effectively with others and go above and beyond to support the needs of your fellow coworkers. You are reliable and flexible and communicate effectively by communicating issues and challenges, listening, compromising, and seeking feedback.